1. Variety (The Children’s Charity) encourages local nonprofessional singers (has never been paid to sing) to apply (as described in paragraph 5a below) for an opportunity to perform at the Buckhead Theatre in Atlanta, GA. (the "Audition" described in paragraph 8 below.)
1a. Finalists must be available to come to Atlanta for adjudication at the Top 10 February 16, 2014 at the Buckhead Theatre.
2. The Talent Search, the Audition, and the subsequent performance are open only to individuals who are residents of Georgia between the age of 13 and 19 years of age as of the 23 of September 2013 and are free, able and willing to compete in the Competition and throughout the entire Competition Period. A parent or guardian must accompany potential winner and/or finalists who are under the age of 18. Subject to the next paragraph, such Georgia residents are referred to in these Official Rules as "eligible residents".
2a. Eligible residents excluded: (a) persons who from and after September 1, 2013 were/are directors, officers, employees or agents of the Sponsor, Variety, or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries or divisions, including the Sponsor's advertising and marketing agencies; (b) individuals engaged in the development, production, distribution or supply of materials used in the Competition, or the Prize (as described in paragraph 9 below); and (c) persons who are or purport to be immediate family (defined as mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son or spouse) of any person in any of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live, and persons who reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories.
Eligible residents understand that they will appear in photographs or digital media such as video/audio recording while participating in the 2014 Variety Stars of Tomorrow contest and that these images may be used for broadcast or other publication for promotional, informational, or educational purposes and shall always be in good taste; no nudity or figure distortions. Upon registering, you hereby consent to such use of photographs or digital media by Variety of Georgia and authorize the unlimited right to use.
3. The period (the "Talent Search Period") for an eligible resident to submit their application through the online submission website provided by sponsor (www.varietystarsoftomorrow.com) for the purposes of the Talent Search begins at 12:01 a.m. (Eastern Daylight Time) on Monday, September 23, 2013 and ends at 6:00 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time) on Saturday, November 23, 2013 (the "Talent Search End Date"). No application package uploaded before the beginning of the Talent Search Period, or after the Talent Search End Date, will be accepted for judging in the Talent Search.
4. During the Talent Search Period, these Official Rules will be: a) posted at the 1 and b) online at Variety, 9800 Medlock Bridge Road Suite 1 Johns Creek, GA 30097 and on www.varietystarsoftomorrow.com
5. All eligible residents (as defined in paragraph 2 and 2a, 2b above) can enter the Talent Search by going onto the contest page at www.varietystarsoftomorrow.com and upload a 2 – 4 minute video of themselves singing. The applicant should sing acepalla and without accompaniment. The eligible resident must supply his/her actual name, email address, brief bio and photo website address (if applicable), in a manner sufficient to enable a Talent Search Panel member (or his/her representative) to contact them through email. Applicants shall be individual only. No application packages will be accepted by duo's, or by a group of more than one eligible resident, or by an individual who is not an eligible resident, and no application package after the above mentioned date, (the "Talent Search End Date"), will be accepted for judging in the Talent Search. All video’s submitted will become the property of Variety and will be posted on Variety of Georgia’s youtube page. www.youtube.com/VarietyofGA
If any element is absent, the applicant will not be eligible for consideration.
6. An application will be disqualified if it is unintelligible in whole or part, if it contains any misrepresentation, if it is altered or tampered with, if it contains, represents or refers to coarse language, nudity, violence, sexual content or any other material which any member of the Talent Search Panel (as described in paragraph 7 below) in his or her sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, deems to be unacceptable for consideration in the Talent Search. Application videos must be submitted as an individual eligible resident. If a resident's presentation is judged by the Talent Search Panel to be a potential winning presentation and if, subject to these Official Rules, following the Audition, that resident is declared a finalist or the winner of the Competition, the finalist or winner must be willing to perform on February 16, 2014 at the Buckhead Theatre.
7. During the period of September 23 – November 23, 2013 each applicant will be reviewed and upon approval, applications videos will be submitted on the Variety of Georgia’s youtube site. Applicants will then receive an email notification that their video is posted and then applicants, friends, families, and others can “like” the videos via facebook on youtube.
A panel (the "Talent Search Panel") selected by Variety, will review, consider, and judge each application package submitted by eligible residents which have complied with these Official Rules. In judging presentations, the Panel will take into account the originality, energy, overall impression, appearance, talent, and entertainment value of each presentation. The decision of the panel is final and not subject to appeal in any manner. Feedback will not be provided to applicants.
7a. The panel will identify 10 eligible residents from Georgia to go forward to the final at the Buckhead Theatre on February 16, 2014. A parent or guardian must accompany potential winner and/or finalists under the age of 18.) Subject to these Official Rules, after the Finals, using the criteria described above, the Panel will select the one (1) eligible resident who will become the winner. All decisions of the Talent Search Panel, including decisions concerning the admissibility of a presentation, are final and binding upon all eligible residents who choose to enter the Talent Search.
8. A winner will be announced on the final night on February 16, 2014.
9. The Grand Prize consists of a cash prize, studio recording of two songs, Frabel trophy, and Fox Theatre tickets.
CANCELLATION POLICY: The Prize is not transferable, nor is it convertible to cash in whole or part, it is not refundable and changes to any one or more of its components or schedules are not permitted.
LIMITS OF RESPONSIBILITY: By accepting the Prize, the winner acknowledges that Variety and Sponsors are supplying the Prize. The Winner acknowledges that the Prize is not subject to the Sponsor's control. The winner further agrees that the Sponsor and that Variety are not liable to them or to their heirs and assigns for death, personal injury or any other loss that may occur due to any act or omission in relation to the Prize or any component thereof or by reason of any act or occurrence over which the Sponsor and Variety have no control.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISK: The winner understands and agrees that, as a condition of receiving the Prize, he/she will be required first to execute, properly and promptly, when required by the Sponsor, the releases referred to in the General Conditions of these Official Rules.
10. Eligible residents who participate in the Talent Search, and if applicable, participate in the Audition, agree fully to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Talent Search Panel, and the Sponsor, which decisions are final, binding and conclusive in all respects.
11. Residents who participate in the Talent Search, and if applicable, participate in the Audition, agree to provide such information and full cooperation to the Sponsor and to the Talent Search Panel or any member or members thereof, as the case may be, as the Sponsor (or the Talent Search Panel or any member of the Talent Search Panel) may request or require in order to verify any eligible resident's eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
12. The winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning the Prize, any and all costs of travel to redeem the Prize and any liability and publicity which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem the Prize. The winner further agrees to execute and deliver to the Sponsor, promptly and when required by the Sponsor, a release provided by the Sponsor releasing the Releases in the terms contained in this paragraph of these Official Rules. Failure on the part of any such member will result in the forfeiture of the Prize, without any liability on the part of the Sponsor or any other person, firm or corporation in respect of such forfeiture.
13. By participating in the Talent Search, and if applicable, in the Finals each eligible resident who submits an application submission (and, if applicable, participates in the Audition) agrees to the use by the Sponsor, Variety, or by their respective successors, assigns, licensees, franchisees, parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, local corporate advertising cooperatives, advertising and promotion agencies, or by any of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents, without compensation or notice, of his or her name, voice, and likeness, presentation or presentations, report or reports, performance or performances, or photograph or photographs, along with (or without) his or her address (city and Province) and, without compensation or notice, to the use by such persons or corporations of any statements made by or attributed to him or her, and to the use by such persons or corporations of any presentation or presentations, report or reports, performance or performances made by the eligible resident in the Talent Search, and if applicable, in the Audition or in connection with the Talent Search, in any and all media (including, without limitation, print, broadcast and Internet), now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity in any language and throughout the universe for advertising, promotional or any other purposes determined by the Sponsor, or by Variety in their sole discretion, in connection with the Talent Search and in other promotions conducted by the Sponsor, or by Variety, or by any one or more of their affiliates, parents or subsidiaries, without further compensation or notice, and hereby releases the Sponsor, Variety and their respective successors, assigns, licensees, franchisees, parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, local corporate advertising cooperatives, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents, from any claims or liability arising out of or with respect to such use.
14. Nothing in these Official Rules shall impose any obligation whatsoever upon the Sponsor or any other person, firm or corporation to broadcast or rebroadcast any presentation or presentations or any other video taped material related to any eligible resident, or shall impose any liability upon the Sponsor or upon any other person for entire or partial failure to do so.
15. At the Sponsor's sole discretion, prior to the awarding of the Prize, the winner may be required by the Sponsor to sign a declaration of eligibility and any applicable forms required by law.
16. Any and all application packages or any other video taped material are the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned to any eligible resident. The Sponsor is not liable for any loss, distortion, theft, delay, damage, misdirection, or change in any application package or for the failure of technical broadcasting or signal capture capability which affects or may affect any presentation or attempted presentation or the recording or attempted recording of any presentation.
17. Subject to any governmental approval which may be required, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend these Official Rules, any aspect or all aspects of the Talent Search and the Audition, in any way at any time, without notice, should any factor interfere with the fair and proper conduct of the Talent Search as contemplated by these Official Rules. It is the responsibility of each eligible person who enters the Talent Search and, if applicable, who participates in the Audition to ensure that he/she complies with all of the conditions and requirements contained in these Official Rules.
18. Neither the Sponsor, Committee Members, nor the Talent Search Panel will enter into any communication or correspondence with any eligible resident.
©2013 Variety – The Children’s Charity For the exclusive use of Variety and its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries.